Skip to Main Content Sponsored by New York State
- Over 7,000 New Yorkers have already signed up to save. Sign up today to start saving!
Welcome to the Web site for the New York Prescription Saver.
With your New York Prescription Saver Card, you save on your prescription cost.
What is NYPS?
NYPS is a pharmacy discount card that can lower the cost of your prescriptions by as much as 60 percent on generics and 30 percent on brand name drugs. Just show your card at a participating pharmacy to receive your discount right at the counter. NYPS is sponsored by New York State and supported by pharmacies and pharmaceutical manufacturers who are generously providing these discounts to you.
Who Can Join?
New York State residents are eligible if they are not already receiving Medicaid and are:
- Either age 50 up to 65, or persons with a disability who have been determined disabled by the Social Security Administration; AND
- Have annual household income less than $35,000 (single) or $50,000 (married).
How to Apply
- Use the online application or the online application in Spanish (en Español) to apply right here on our Web site.
- Use the Portable Document Format printable application or the printable application in Spanish (en Español) , fill it out and mail it in to us.
- Call us and we’ll help you complete an application:
1-800-788-6917 or TTY Users may call: 1-800-290-9138.
What Happens After You Apply?
- You will receive a discount card within two weeks after your application is approved.
- Use the card at any of our participating pharmacies.
- You will be eligible for discounted prices on most prescription drugs.